Saturday, May 16, 2020

Welcome to my blog



Hi! I'm Kitty-Lydia Dye. I have been living in a Norfolk coastal village since last year, when originally I was born and raised in the city of Norwich. Naturally, expect a lot of pictures of my new surroundings :) The breath taking waves, the rare glimpse of a seal in the distance and seagulls emerging from the mists have given me lots of inspiration, although there is someone else who is enjoying this more than me.



This is my Chestug (Chihuahua, Westie, Pug mix) Bramble. He often pops up in my writing as a small 'extra' character, and even had his own starring part in my People's Friend serial The Wherryman's Daughter.

I have been writing since I was a girl, with my first published work in Source Point Press's Alter Egos collection. Since then, my stories have appeared in blÆkk, Thema, If This Goes On anthology and The People's Friend.
I have also released on kindle a supernatural mystery sequel to Washington Irving's Sleepy Hollow, where Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman must deal with paranormal threats, as well as a few romance collections inspired by Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera.

I love merging different genres together: fairy tales and science fiction, fantasy and history. The Norfolk coast and marshlands roam with ghosts and curiosities. Often my historical fiction has been inspired by legends such as the demon dog of the Norfolk beaches, Black Shuck.

During this time, I hope to share more pictures of the village for people to enjoy as well as story readings of previous releases, such as The People's Friend short stories and my Phantom of the Opera collection. Please subscribe to this blog for updates, with works in progress and previews.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello to your soul mate Bramble

      Delete
    2. Hello Kitty-Lydia, It is going to be a very nice Blog

      Delete
  3. Hello Kitty-Lydia,
    i am looking foward to learn more about Norfolk and your Blog.
    Claude :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photography of the Sea....

    ReplyDelete